The Senior Manager of Roman Catholic Ministries is a member of Mission U.S. and is the leader for the Roman Catholic Ministries (RCM) team. This person is responsible for developing and executing Scripture Engagement partnerships, products and programs—positively impacting perception of the Bible—focusing on the Roman Catholic Church. Will lead all strategy, personnel, budget, partnership, and programmatic decision-making for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Roman Catholic Team in support of numerous external engagements and internal projects including the development of the organization’s strategy and initiatives, contributing to the Mission U.S. vision—100 million people actively engaging the Bible by 2025.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all issues pertaining to the Roman Catholic Church.
- Cultivate new, viable ministry partnerships for deep and sustainable impact.
- Oversee all RCM projects; managing partners, projections, budgeting, planning, execution, measurement, and reporting.
- Measure impact to ensure all Roman Catholic projects support ABS’s 100/100 goals.
- Based on the strategy, hire, organize and deploy a world class team to execute.
- Lead the team in developing a healthy culture, strong competencies, and outstanding character.
- Provide professional, personal and spiritual development opportunities for the RCM team.
- Lead department meetings, attend various staff meetings, and keep Mission U.S., Ministry Mobilization, and ABS staff informed and inspired about RCM.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to frame project approaches and structure thoughtful analysis
- Demonstrated success in project management and people management skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and work with people at all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Ability to negotiate and influence both internally and externally
- Demonstrated initiative, with an ability to set priorities and work according to milestones and deadlines
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years related ministry experience, and mission-based program management
- Work experience with Catholic institutions (Vatican, a plus)
- Proficiency in office software, Web technologies, and emerging media
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Office located in Center City Philadelphia
- Willingness to travel as required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive with similar positions at not-for-profit organizations
- Salary commensurate with experience and potential
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
Click Here for more info.