As an essential part of American Bible Society’s (ABS) mission – to see 100 million people in the U.S. meaningfully engaging the Scriptures – the Sr. Manager of Diaspora Ministry will be responsible for developing and executing Scripture Engagement programs that are designed to reach various ethnic groups residing inside the United States. In addition, this individual will work cooperatively with colleagues within Project Magellan and indirectly with City Mobilizers in Project Ignition to both identify and cultivate city-based partnerships, as well as, co-develop and deploy critically needed resources that result in measurable life transformation. While working collaboratively to serve ABS’ external partners, the Sr. Manager will also be responsible for bringing back mission-critical research and relevant data to internal partners, specific to Diaspora communities.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all issues pertaining to the Diaspora in the U.S., with a special focus on U.S. Latinos
- Manage goals, timelines, data analysis for all Diaspora projects
- Align and manage budget to ensure best stewardship of programmatic resources.
- Provide tactical guidance when utilizing our internal marketing team, consultants, and agencies to develop customized digital/print Scripture Engagement resources for various Diaspora/Church denomination groups
- Measure impact to ensure all Diaspora projects lead to 100/100 goals
- Cultivate new, viable ministry partnerships in target cities for collective city reach
- Collaborate with Mission U.S. City Mobilizers to serve Diaspora communities in key markets – Philadelphia, New York City, Phoenix
- Educate ABS Staff in regard to case studies, important trends and other awareness specific to Diaspora communities during company-wide meetings
- Facilitate of partnership gatherings, summits and roundtable discussions with clear deliverables that link to our national strategy
Essential Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of related ministry experience, mission based program management.
- Strong partnership management and leadership skills. Interconfessional/Church knowledge and sensitivities
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Able to multi-task and work under tight timetables and deadlines
- Proven ability to manage a budget of $300k+
- Diplomacy: the ability to manage implementation teams through influence rather than position
- Ability to work cross-functionally within Ministry Mobilization, ABS constituencies, and external alliances
- Command of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Apple Apps
- Experienced with the creation of Scripture Engagement tools and solutions (i.e digital: mobile apps/print: portions, study guides etc.)
- Solid communication and creative writing skills. Excellent presentation ability desired.
- Ability to speak and connect effectively to both faith-based and secular audiences.
- Proficiency in written and conversational Spanish is ideal
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, in alignment with the mission and core values of ABS.
- Ability to travel nationally approximately 25%.
Education and Training
- Experience in Relevant field 7+ years related experience of ministry, mission based program management
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive with similar positions at not-for-profit organizations
- Salary commensurate with experience and potential
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 403(b) with 5% company match.
Office located in Center City Philadelphia
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
Click here for more info.