Job Summary/Primary Function: Based in Chicago, the CRS Midwest Regional Director will represent CRS senior management and provide Catholic Relief Services with geographical presence in the Midwestern United States. The office covers 54 dioceses in the 12 states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas and Nebraska. As a member of the leadership team of the US Operations Division, the Regional Director will advance the divisional mission by overseeing, managing and directing a core staff of 5.5 FTE including regional relationship managers/ program officers, and an office coordinator, who will advance partnerships in the region to inform, mobilize, and engage the Catholic constituency in the promotion of global solidarity through CRS. The office also coordinates closely with the CRS Regional Development Directors and marketing activities in the region.
- Advanced degree required in Pastoral Ministry, theology, non-profit or business management or other related fields.
- Eight to ten years of management experience, including staff management and supervision, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Practicing Catholic, active in his/her faith who is personally and professionally committed to Catholic Social Teaching
- Knowledge of the structure of the US Catholic Church and ability to work within its culture and with a variety of Catholic ministries required.
- In-depth knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and its practical application required.
- Proven experience in financial and personnel management, strategic planning, and program planning, implementation, and evaluation required.
- Understanding of contemporary Catholic Church issues and Global Solidarity.
- Strong inter-cultural competency required.
- Broad knowledge of international issues, particularly as it relates to the developing world; overseas experience a plus.
- Ability to travel in the US and overseas, required